Monday, March 14

What the World Seeks!

 

What the World Seeks!

Once God looked at the earth. He saw so many beings slogging day in and day out, living in distress throughout their lives. His heart melted in compassion. He thought, ‘I should grant liberation to all these poor beings..’. He then descended down to earth.

He went to one of the streets in a village where He saw an emaciated dog. The dog was afflicted by diseases; itswamji_womanpower had lost one of its legs and eyes and its tail was partly cut off. He felt sorry for the dog and thought he should grant liberation to the poor soul and thus relieve it from its current pathetic plight. He approached the dog and requested that it come along with Him to His empire. The dog looked at Him and said, ‘Well! I do understand you wish to grant me liberation. But do you know my state? I have established my power in this street by fighting the dogs from the next street and driving them away. I now rule this territory! If I come along with you, the dog in the neighboring street will take over my territory! How can I let this happen?’

God was shocked and stunned to listen to the dog. The blind, handicapped, rabid dog that had even lost its tail wanted to live on and not attain liberation!

Next He went to a pig that was wallowing in filth and presented his offer to it. The pig smiled at God and said, ‘Sir! You simply don’t understand the luxury of wallowing in filth, and hence you are talking about paltry things like liberation! I am sorry, I can’t forsake this joy!’

Disappointed, God saw a gigantic elephant was carrying a heavy load of lumber uphill. He noticed it happily swaying its huge ears as it walked by, even though its legs were chained and his mahout was prodding its leg with his sharp spear. The plight of the elephant would melt the heart of the cruelest person!

God approached the tusker and granted His offer of liberation. The elephant said ‘I am waiting for the right time to take my revenge on this puny fellow who keeps prodding me with his stick! How can I waste this entire life of mine by coming with you and not fulfilling that desire of mine? Tortured I may be, but I am sorry, I cannot accept liberation!’

God thought that the village was not the right place and so moved to a forest nearby. He spotted a deer that was wandering in the lush grass meadow. He approached the deer and before He could speak to the deer, it bolted away!

When he approached a lion, the lion came pouncing on God Himself!

Then God realized that all the living beings like to talk or listen about liberation, but in reality none of them truly wanted to attain it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...